Thursday, April 30, 2009

i almost missed it

i was getting ready to call it a night and i realized i hadn't blogged. i have just minutes before it is tomorrow and i wanted to blog everyday. so i just squeaked in.

today was my nephew jude's birthday. he turned 2. he and jesse are just 4 weeks apart. every time i think about that i just feel so blessed and grateful to God for His love and grace to me.

i have wanted to have children for as long as i can remember. philip and i have been unable to have biological children. adoption has been something we have talked about for a long time. the timing just never seemed right. but about 3 years ago we found out about adoption ministry. we went thru the process of getting ready to adopt - classes, homestudy, etc. we were ready but it didn't happen.

my sister got pregnant and i was so happy for her and for our family. but in my head and my heart, i was wishing that i could have a baby first. so i really had to trust God and give it all to Him.

my sister was due around the end of april. it just didn't seem like i was going to have my baby first. but in january, my mom called me and said, "i think there may be baby for you. a little boy due in april."

long story short, God heard my cry and He answered me. my beautiful baby boy was born april 1st, 2007. and my beautiful nephew was born april 29, 2007.

i talked to melissa later and told her about wanting to have a baby first and praying for it. she looked at me and said, "i was praying the same thing."

i am so thankful to God for jesse and jude and for the fact that they are so close and will grow up together. God truly does care about the cry of our hearts.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Made me cry once again. What a beautiful story God gave us. We are truly blessed.

Lamppostings said...

Of course it made me cry again too. I can't tell the story to anyone without getting all emotional! God is so good. Thanks for sharing this whole Mommy experience with me.